Although the Administrators and Moderators of the Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of GOOOH web site, nor GOOOH, LLC will be held responsible for the content of any message. GOOOH Owners/Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
By participating in the Forum, including the posting of content and sending of Private Messages, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that:
2. Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
3. Constitutes advertising or promotion, junk mail, "spamming," chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation. Links that connect to commercial websites will not be considered unauthorized solicitations unless the link or the website content appears to be intended as a means of solicitation as determined by GOOOH in its sole discretion;
4. Contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware;
5. Provides any non-public information about GOOOH or any other company or person without the proper authorization to do so. This includes providing the names and extension numbers of GOOOH employees, Site users, and Forum administrators/moderators/participants;
6. Intentionally interferes with the operation of the Forum or with a fellow user's message box, without limitation, mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
7. Impersonates any person or entity, including GOOOH employees, Site users, and Forum administrators/moderators/participants or forges any TCP-IP packet header, e-mail header or any part of a message header. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
8. Attacks or insults any Forum administrators/moderators/participants;
9. Suggests or encourages illegal activity; or
10. Violates U.S. law.
Forum Administrators and Moderators
GOOOH provides Administrators (overseeing both functionality and content) and Moderators (overseeing content) for the Forum who may provide answers to some questions. Only the Forum Administrators and Moderators are authorized representatives of GOOOH on the Forum. GOOOH employees who are not assigned as Moderators are not authorized to represent themselves on the Forum as GOOOH Moderators, and do not provide official GOOOH responses to questions. GOOOH is not responsible for content provided by any GOOOH employee who is not designated as a Forum Moderator.
GOOOH makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of sites accessible by hyperlink from the Forum. The ability to include links is provided only as a convenience to you, and the inclusion of any link by a user of the Forum does not imply affiliation, endorsement, or adoption by GOOOH of the linked site or any information contained therein.
Forum Rules Enforcement
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Although the Forum is moderated by GOOOH Administrators and Moderators who will do their best to answer your questions and assist you, they may not have time to fully research answers before posting them due to time pressures. Accordingly, the Forum is not a substitute for contacting GOOOH directly. If you need to contact GOOOH, please do so by using the contact information provided above.
Additional Forum Guidelines
These Guidelines are intended to set the Forum's tone and visitor expectations, in order to improve the Forum experience:
Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public. Any personal information that you post can be obtained and used by others. Anything you post in the Forum, you post at your own risk.
You use the Forum at your own risk. In any online forum like GOOOH's Forum, it is not possible to be sure that other users are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated.
Please refrain from posting where you do not know the answer. Incorrect, misleading or incomplete responses do not help other users. Please feel free to respond to any post where you know the answer. Forum users have come to trust that they will get good answers. Please help build and maintain that trust.
Forum Moderators do not respond to every post. The Forum is a place for users to help users. Forum Moderators will review the message boards, and respond at their discretion. If you need to contact GOOOH, please do so by going to http://www.goooh.com/Contactus.aspx.
Be respectful of other users. Some Forum users are new to computing and may not have extensive knowledge of computers and their use. Belittling or insulting remarks are not conducive to the creation of a strong online community.
Why should I register?
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this forum, the administrator requires that you register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do the following:
To register, you will need to specify a username and password, and a valid email address. Entering your email address will not leave you open to 'spam', as you can choose to hide your email address, and messages sent to you via email do not reveal your address to the sender in any case. (To verify this, you can try sending an email message to another user.) The administrator has configured the forum to send you the final part of the registration process by email, so ensure that the email address you provide is valid and working. If you are under the age of 16, the administrator may require that a parent or guardian provide consent before allowing you to complete the registration process. More information about this is available during the registration process.
- Post new threads
- Reply to other peoples' threads
- Edit your posts
- Receive email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify
- Send private messages to other members
How do I clear my cookies?
In Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP:
1. Click the "Tools" menu.
2. Select "Internet Options" from the menu that appears.
3. Click "Delete Cookies" on the dialog box that appears. It will be in the center area of the "General" tab.
In Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click the "Tools" menu.
2. Select "Options" from the menu that appears.
3. From the dialog box, select "Privacy" on the left.
4. Find "Cookies" on the main pane, and click the "Clear" button adjacent to it. Your cookies should now be removed. You may want to restart the computer and revisit the forums to be sure.
How can I change the information in my profile?
It is your responsibility to keep the information in your profile up-to-date. You should especially ensure that your email address is kept current. You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so.
What is the signature for?
After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper. If the administrator has enabled signatures, then you will have the option to include your signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the forum will automatically append your signature to any messages you post. You can disable signatures on a per-post basis by un-ticking the 'Show Signature' checkbox when you compose your message. You may turn the signature on and off on posts you have already made by editing the post and altering the state of the 'Show Signature' option. You can set your signature by editing your profile.
I lost my password, what can I do?
If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link on any page that requires you to fill in your password. This will bring up a page where you should enter your registered email address, and an email will be sent to that address instantly, with instructions for resetting your password.
General Forum Usage
Can I search the forum?
You can search for posts based on username, word(s) in the post or just in the subject, by date, and only in particular forums. To access the search feature, click on the "search" link at the top of most pages. You can search any forum that you have permission to search - you will not be allowed to search through private forums unless the administrator has given you the necessary security rights to do so.
What is the Member List?
The member list contains a complete list of all the registered members of this forum. You can view the member list ordered alphabetically by username, by the date that the member joined the forum, or by the number of posts the members have made. The member list also has a search function, which allows you to quickly locate members according to categories you specify, such as searching for all members who have joined in the past week etc.
What are announcements?
Announcements are special messages posted by the administrator or moderators. They are designed to be a simple one-way communication with the users. If you wish to discuss announcements, you will have to create a new thread in the forum, since you cannot reply to announcements.
What are the various thread display options?
When viewing a thread, you will be able to view the thread from a choice of four modes.
1. Linear Mode (Oldest First) - In this mode, posts are displayed chronologically from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously.
2. Linear Mode (Newest First) - This is the same as the above mode, except that posts are ordered in an opposite way (newest first).
3. Threaded Mode - In this mode, a tree is shown along with every post. This tree allows you to see the relationship each post has to others, in terms of who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time.
4. Hybrid Mode - This mode is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed like in the threaded mode, but multiple posts are displayed simultaneously like in the linear modes.
Reading and Posting Messages
Are there any special codes/tags I can use to format my posts?
What is email notification?
If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page. If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here. Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options. Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.
What are message icons?
The administrator may have enabled message icons for new threads, posts and private messages. Message icons allow you to specify a small icon to accompany your posting, which is used to convey the emotion or content of a post at a glance. If you do not see a list of message icons when you are composing your message or post, the administrator has disabled the option.
Can I edit my own posts?
If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum. To edit or delete your posts, click the button by the post you want to edit. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting the post may result in the removal of the entire thread. After you have made your modifications, a note may appear, which notifies other users that you have edited your post. Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages but this note may not appear when they do so.
What Are Moderators?
Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.
Why have some of the words in my post been blanked?
Certain words may have been censored by the administrator. If your posts contain any censored words, they will be blanked-out like this: *****. The same words are censored for all users, and censoring is done by a computer simply searching and replacing words. It is in no way 'intelligent'.